What is STEAM?
STEAM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math education.
We believe :
- The skills and knowledge in each discipline are essential for student success
- These fields are deeply intertwined in the real world and in how students learn most effectively
- STEAM is an interdisciplinary and applied approach that is coupled with hands-on, problem-based learning
What Happened to STEM?
- Arts ≠ Crafts
- Arts = Design & Creativity
- STEAM engages both hemispheres of the brain with open-ended creative activities
- Arts and STEM are not at odds. Just ask astronaut Mae Jemison!
STEM Certified School
DATE has been given given the distinctive recognition as a STEM Certified School by AdvancED (SACS)
Maker Space & Technology Lab
Our media center has a maker space for tinkering and making and a 3D Printer
K-4 Google Chromebooks
5-6 Window Laptops
STEAM Teams is our partner in delivering STEAM programs and pathways to our students.