Please refer to the By laws, section 3.2 and 3.3 for selection process and term process.
The Charter School will operate under the authority and governance of its Board of Directors. The membership designations and their terms shall be as follows.
Terms shall be staggered and the board, after the election held in 2010, shall impose a method for staggering terms going forward:
Member 1 – Representative of the PTO –(to serve 2-year term)
Member 2 – Educator –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 3 – Technology Member –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 4 – Environment Member –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 5 – Parent –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 6 – Parent –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 7 – Parent –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 8 – Parent –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 9 – Parent –(to serve 3-year term)
However, the positions may be refilled by the same person in accordance with the Bylaws of the School’s Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors may, at its pleasure, elect non-voting Honorary Board Members, to recognize the value and benefit from the experience of persons who have performed extraordinary, exemplary work on behalf of the school.
- All Board members must be residents of Georgia.
- All candidates for Board of Directors shall be given an opportunity to present their qualifications and credentials to the DATE community.
- Board composition should include individuals with the requisite skills and experience to govern and give direction to a multi-million dollar educational enterprise, as well as individuals with specific experience in accounting or financial management.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Board of Directors to carry out the terms of this Charter and to create policies and guidelines necessary for the smooth operation of the School.
- The Board’s meetings and actions shall be subject to the provisions of § 50-14-1 et seq. and §50-18-70 et seq.
- The Board of Directors is expected to support, promote, and maintain the school’s mission and vision of the school.