Our vision is to become one of the Top 10 Charter Schools in Georgia and the Nation.
The goal of Dekalb Academy of Technology and the Environment, Inc. is to educate a student population about the essential need to consider environmental ramifications of technology and other business decisions, via a hands-on, community-oriented instructional curriculum. The Academy will improve student achievement via a curriculum which:
- Recognizes the important link between technology and the environment
- Promotes higher order thinking skills – critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Motivates students by offering a real world context for learning
- Engages learners in investigative, hands-on/minds-on, student-centered, and cooperative activities between industry and environmental groups
- Advances educational reform goals
- Correlates to state and national academic standards
- Considers the environment in its totality, i.e., the co-existence of business and the environment
- Promotes continuous lifelong learning
Message from Dr. Wills, CEO
Student Supply Lists
Last Chance Purchase School Supplies Online:
This is the last chance you can order school supplies for your child online!!! The school supplies are categorized by grade. The packages and supplies listed have been approved by the administrators at DATE. Orders received between July 16 and August 10 will be delivered to the school on August, 24, 2018.
You can also order your donations(tax deductible) to the school: Cleaning kits and copy paper are available for all grades.
Please use the link below to order the supplies.
- Kindergarten Supply List
- 1st Grade Supply List
- 2nd Grade Supply List
- 3rd Grade Supply List
- 4th Grade Supply List
- Drama Supply List
- Environmental Science Supply List
- ESOL Supply List
- Gifted Supply List
- PE Supply List
Summer Bridge Readiness Activities
Summer Assignments K-5
Summer assignments are given to review, enhance, or accelerate your child’s learning. The assignments assigned are based on individual levels and/or grade level standards. Please understand that we have chosen to use electronic platforms, therefore content exposure may be slightly different from what they were exposed to do during the school year. The Khan Academy tasks may seem overwhelming, but students can move through the modules. If tasks become difficulty, please watch the learning video, google the task, or skip it; but do NOT give up. Again, our purpose is to review, enhance, or accelerate learning.
News, Announcements, Menu
Title I Stakeholders Meeting
Click to View AttachmentDeKalb Academy of Technology & Environment
Lunch MenuDeKalb Academy of Technology & Environment
DATE on NBC